Friday, January 8, 2010

Week 1 down

It went well, there wasn't any real challenge to overcome. The first week I planned on taking things easy, I have bigger things planned for coming weeks...

I improvised a casserole with Quorn nuggets instead of chicken, potatoes, and mixed veggies.  Came out pretty well, and very filling.  We had pizza one night - tomatoes and spinach, and had enough left over for lunch the next day.  Salmon & tilapia found there way into our bellies as well.

Some recipes I have my eye on...

Traditional Baked Ziti (I'll make my own sauce for this one)

My pal Chaz hooked me up with some stock recipes, I'm going to make a big batch of veggie stock to freeze into portions - we'll be using a lot of this for making brown rice, quinoa, and soups.

And check out Foodluv's post on vegetarian/vegan options at Dunkin Donuts!

No comments: