Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Wings

Superbowl Sunday me and some other pals were at my friend Nick's house to watch the Saints lay a whuppin on the Colts.  No need to recap the game, we all know who won...

But, as with any gathering of men to watch a game, there's lots of man food around.  Lots of it.  And right there in the middle of it all was something that took more effort than even bacon has so far.

 
Buffalo wings.  Hot, spicy, saucy wings.  Just sitting there in the tray staring at me and daring me to eat them.  Oh, how I wanted them.  I wanted them like nothing else, those beautiful wings swimming in sauce.  It didn't matter that there was chips and salsa, shrimp, pretzels, and even the pizza (mushrooms, spinach, and roasted red peppers) that I brought.  I wanted a wing, dangit.


 
Look at them, all seductive and crispy...  
But I was stronger than that, despite the urge.  Despite the fact that I could already taste the sauce.  I held out.  I was strong.  I ate pizza and shrimp and cake and chips and salsa.

But I really wanted a wing,

3 comments:

Francy said...

You could have sucked on one then spit it out.

Carol Nixon said...

Fran, you might suck but my husband doesn't. (Hahaha!) You walked into that one! ;)

Francy said...

Haha! I really didn't mean for my comment to sound the way it sounds! But since it does, I'll add a "that's what she said."