Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1 Year Later...

And not a scrap of meat.  I made it the entire year without consuming any meat.

How do I feel?  Pretty good.  I set out to see if I had the discipline to do so, I think I nailed that.  I also learned a lot about vegetarian cooking, discovered new foods and new ways to cook them.  Overall, it was a good experience.

But now the time has come...

I have decided to start eating meat again, with the following caveats:  Lean, local, & sustainable, with the occasional bacony or wing indulgence. I will continue to eat veg at home, and most likely about 90% of the time I'll eat veg outside the house since there are only a few places locally that offer meat like that.

And I'm leaving it up to you, the three of you that actually read this blog, to decide where my first meaty meal will be after 1 year of no meat.  Over there on the right è you'll see a poll.  Make my choice, poll closes 11:59PM on Friday

Thanks for sticking with me!

4 comments:

Francy said...

Where can you get a plain old steak that meets your criteria?

DanThoms said...

mmmmmm, meat

Elaine said...

Well done! No pun intended.

Anonymous said...

Steve, you know I'm all for your return to meat eating, but... Having done the veg thing myself for two years, you need to ease back into the meat, and I'm not sure if any of those choices would be a good place to start.

Personally, I'd get a nice grass-fed, pasture raised, sustainable strip steak, about 6 ounces at most, and grill it myself.

Enjoy, and welcome back.