Saturday, October 23, 2010

Scenes from Findlay Market

After walking the Queen City Underground Tour, I was going to head to Soho Sushi, but I decided to put that off until Carol could join me.  Instead, I headed to the Findlay Market nearby.



Findlay Market has been around since1852 and is the longest running public market in Ohio. Local farmers come and sell their produce, crafters sell their goods, and all kinds of other trinkets and goodies abound




Fresh produce of all varieties make this a vegetarian's heaven.



 
Or other offerings appeal to the carnivores


Trotters?  No thanks.

You can grab a quite bite at several places there, like the World Food Bar


Taste of Belgium (Get a waffle, you must.)


Dojo Gelato - Dogfish Pumpkin Ale Gelato, you can thank me later


Or something a little sweeter


When I lived in University Heights, I used to shop at Findlay Market all the time, I could take the bus right down the hill and get all my groceries for the week.  Carol and I are going to start shopping there more, we're planning weekly menus that will concentrate on fresh ingredients and minimal waste. What better place than Findlay Market?


No comments: